- advice, support, assessment of needs & the supply of adapted computer equipment for disabled people
· British Deaf Association
- run by Deaf people, for Deaf people
· dial UK - a national organisation for a network of 140 local disability information and advice services run by and for disabled people
· Disability Alliance - source of information on benefits issues
· Disability Information & Resources - A large list of resources both on and off the net sorted by category.
· Disability Now - This is an on-line version of a monthly publication in the United Kingdom that covers a variety of disability issues.
· Equality and Human Rights Rights Commission - Information about the many activities of the Commission
· Federation of Deaf People - a voluntary organisation that campaigns for Deaf people's rights
· National Disability Arts Forum - projects including arts venues & access details, educational resource pack for schools & colleges (14 - 19), news, international exchange, digital exhibition, information for & on artists, links & more
· National Federation of Shopmobility - directory of national shopmobility schemes
· RADAR - includes information on their key sceme for public toilets for the disabled together with a lot of other helpful information
· RNIB - The Royal National Institute of the Blind
· RNID - Royal National Institute for Deaf People
· Sensory Trust
· SCOPE - support for people with cerebal palsy
. SID - Social Information on Disability is a Surrey based site providing a wealth of information together with an extensive list of used disability equipment for sale
. Stair Lifts Advice - Comprehensive advice if you are considering installing a stair lift in your home
· Stroke Association - information about the causes and treatment of stroke
· The Stroke Network - a US based service run by people who have had strokes providing a vast amount of information and regular newsletters
· UK Disability Forum for European Affairs (UKDFfEA) Women's Committee - national organisation of disabled women in the United Kingdom (UK), site includes news and information, resources, links, email list
· Youreable.com - commercial site for disabled people and services
· UK Independent Living Center This site which offers news, views, advice and product information designed to enable people to live their lives more independently. It is aimed at the less physically able and elderly, carers and healthcare professionals. We are primarily an information resource, with some support advertising from reputable companies
· Access Tourism Network Promoting access and job creation in tourism for people with special needs. The site promotes travel and tourism services around Europe that train and/or employ people with disabilities.
· Self Help for the Hard of Hearing SHHH is a national Self Help organization for the hearing impaired. They work to educate, advocate, and teach self help techniques to the hearing impaired world. They have over 12,000 members in the US as well as affiliates in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
· MS Central Support This website offers numerous interactive features for those living with MS as well as for their family members and those interested in learning more about this illness.
· INFINITEC INC Their mission is to help people with disabilities, their families and their communities gain access to the full range of technology options at affordable cost. This site covers all categories in sports, recreation and travel.
· Disability Network This site is an information highway for the disabled and their families. You will find helpful as well as entertaining links for Adults and Children. They are also building a section that will have travel information.
· Muscular Dystrophy Campaign The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign web site contains over 100 pages of vital information about neuromuscular conditions, current research and disability issues. The site also allows you to show your support for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, or communicate with other visitors to the site.
· Surrey Independent Living Council Voluntary organisation within Surrey helping people who want advice on Direct Payments
· Through the Looking Glass (TLG) Through the Looking Glass is a nationally recognized non-profit agency and first National Resource Center for Parents with Disabilities. They provide direct services, training, materials and research concerning families in which a child, parent or grandparent has a disability or medical issue.
· ABLEDATA This site has information on products for people with disabilities. Their database contains over 17,000 currently available products from over 2,000 different companies. Each product record contains a detailed description of the product as well as price, manufacturer and distributor information. You will also find information on non-commercial prototypes, customized and one-of-a-kind products, and do-it-yourself designs.
· Disability Resources Online e-bility.com is a destination web site which aims to provide a central resource for disability related information, services and products. Here you will find an active community of people - individuals, organizations, support groups, professional associations, service providers, and equipment suppliers - linked together via the Internet. This site, but covers many including travel and can be useful all persons with disabilities no matter where they live.
· Disability Online - Online Directory This site has thousands of links to a variety of disability topics including travel.